Fox and the Hounds PVP event

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Fox and the Hounds PVP event

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

I was thinking of this for a while now, and think it can work in BSK. BUT there would have to be rules and such before hand. This is to be fun, but I will not do it more than once if all I get is whine and complain before, during and after.

-I was thinking:
-Have 2 teams each with an elected "fox"
-Teams must pm their consent, so I can screen shot it
- All players must be hostile to the other team, and leave non-participating players alone.
-No PP
-Give the fox 5 min to hide, no recall stones or God given stones, 15 min to find and kill
-Have 3, 20 min periods to find the fox (I am thinking no timestop and the fox should not be a sneaker)
- If you are killed, stay dead until the end of the period, I will res
- If the fox is killed, the period is over

Please give suggestions and ideas. When I do this event, I might use your ideas/rules as well. :wink:
Last edited by DM_Jaydaan on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A DM's job is not to love you, but to help you grow stronger in character.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

sounds great tbh. wish i could be there.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

I'm interested.

Would the others on a team would look for the other fox, protect their own fox, or both?

Party chat allowed?

What about 2 teams that look for the same fox?

Finally, can someone with an 8 Chr really be called a fox? Methinks, maybe a coyote, but definitely not a fox.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
dm_demitri
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_demitri »

Sounds like a fun game! :D

Couple of questions though... If no sneakers... then what about invis? And monk speed? Sometimes it doesn't matter if you can see them if you don't stand a chance of catching them...

Just some thoughts to consider. I know it's not easy when trying to set up something like this.

Another question might be... Does the fox get to fight back, or must they stick only to running?

(And what are "God given stones"?)

Thanks! 8)
~Demitri
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

Sounds like great fun...but mages might have the advantage with their IGM's they can reach a lot further that a sword hehehe
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Would the others on a team would look for the other fox, protect their own fox, or both? Both

Another question might be... Does the fox get to fight back, or must they stick only to running? Yes they can fight back.

Party chat allowed? Yes please, I prefer party chat with my events.... that way I can see whats going on easier, works even better when I start doing more than one quest at a time
:wink:

If no sneakers... then what about invis? And monk speed? Sometimes it doesn't matter if you can see them if you don't stand a chance of catching them... Not sure here yet..... I am working out the details as we discuss things... I want it fair for all.

And what are "God given stones"? Kazra stones come to mind. :wink:
DM Dragonheart
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Dragonheart »

well sounds like a fantastic idea hehe cant wait to see it run 8)
And they came from out of the mists... the hordes of undead

Nothing stood in the wake of their path and the carnage and destruction was insurmountable.

Quinon guye captain 7th Guard
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

maybe the fox should be given 15-20 minutes to hide. and then it's the first to slay that person. if the fox is spotted, they should not leave the area

perhaps if the foxs name is spoken while they are in the area, they cannot leave the area.

and of course, the fox can fight back. any animals fights back when it's in a corner.
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

The teams will have a 5 min hiding time, then it will be a 15-20 min session. We will do 3 sessions. Other than that, keep the ideas coming.

I will be doing this event more than once, perhaps once or twice a month or so. I will try to vary the times, so we can get more people involved. This will require about and hour and a half of your time.. if all goes well.
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Well, we tried this tonight, and it worked fairly well... not that many glitches on the second try. Hopefully next time we will have more players.

We have decided: No time stop, no greater sanctuary and no harms. No heal potions, but resting (if you care to take the risk of being attacked or temp blindness for interrupted rest) and heal spells are fine. Party buffs, as well as potions are allowed (except full heals) Sneakers are more than welcome, but for now, will not be the foxes. Amber stones weapons are allowed. If you are found, you may run or fight, but must stay in the area until you are either killed or kill them, OR they can not see you for over 1 min. No portals, no rune stones. If Kazra smites, or Lia saves you, its not valid.. this is because this event is not RP, therefore there are no gods. I will adjust your life/death status as needed.

We also decided that a small area is better than the whole server. Using the Dark forest (all 8-9 areas) worked very well.

The fox has a 5 min head start, then you have 15-20 min to find them. If you kill the fox, the session is over. The fox can fight back. If you die, stay dead. At the end of the session I res anyone who died.

The rules are still pending, and can change as we go.
Teddy
Knight
Knight

Post by Teddy »

What about wands and scolls you buy, allowed to or...?
Teddybears aren't childish, they make you feel less alone.