Enable Screen Edge Camera Turning and Full Screen?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Enable Screen Edge Camera Turning and Full Screen?

Post by Capt Cliff »

I am having problem with the turning of the camera when using the edge of the screen, it doesn't work. I hit alt enter but that only changed the resolution. Also I no longer have a full screen. The window bar blocks the NWM lower bar.

Any solutions?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Enable Screen Edge Camera Turning and Full Screen?

Post by driller »

Look for the settings.tml in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder.

Open it with notepad and search for fullscreen. It should look something like this.

[graphics.window.fullscreen]
height = 1440
toggle-to-borderless = false
width = 3440

Make sure it matches your desktop resolution and that borderless equals false.
Capt Cliff wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm I am having problem with the turning of the camera when using the edge of the screen, it doesn't work. I hit alt enter but that only changed the resolution. Also I no longer have a full screen. The window bar blocks the NWM lower bar.

Any solutions?
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

the christmas patch mess up all the game options you had set, the fullscreen and how you toggle the up and down in game.
you can find how to fix it on the nwn steam page if what driller suggested doesn't work.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Hit shift+ctrl+F12 whilst in game you can then edit these controls and to take effect close the tabs with the same shift+ctrl=F12 and relog back into the game and you'll find it is fixed
Where there is a will there will be a way...
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Oh and do not forget to "commit" these changes afore you relog or close the tabs properly other wise they won't change and revert to what they were before ...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:04 pm Look for the settings.tml in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder.

Open it with notepad and search for fullscreen. It should look something like this.

height = 1440
width = 3440

Capt Cliff wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm I am having problem with the turning of the camera when using the edge of the screen, it doesn't work. I hit alt enter but that only changed the resolution. Also I no longer have a full screen. The window bar blocks the NWM lower bar.

Any solutions?
Everything is fine except the height is 1200 but the game is 1181. When I set it to 1920x1200 it won't save it. It defaults back to 1920x1181. Any ideas? Oh an what about the turning camera with edge of screen? Addendum 1920x1080 seem to hold but still no full screen, it's even smaller!
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:13 am Hit shift+ctrl+F12 whilst in game you can then edit these controls and to take effect close the tabs with the same shift+ctrl=F12 and relog back into the game and you'll find it is fixed
I could find nothing in these menus that addressed full screen or turn at edge of screen.

I found somethings but everything looked normal, full screen on as well as edge turning.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:37 pm
driller wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:04 pm Look for the settings.tml in your Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder.

height = 1440
width = 3440

Any solutions?
Everything is fine except the height is 1200 but the game is 1181. When I set it to 1920x1200 it won't save it. It defaults back to 1920x1181. Any ideas? Oh an what about the turning camera with edge of screen? Addendum 1920x1080 seem to hold but still no full screen, it's even smaller!
Never mind!! I did the alt-enter thing in game instead of from the start up menu. It works now. Thanks for the help!
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:44 pm
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:13 am Hit shift+ctrl+F12 whilst in game you can then edit these controls and to take effect close the tabs with the same shift+ctrl=F12 and relog back into the game and you'll find it is fixed
I could find nothing in these menus that addressed full screen or turn at edge of screen.

I found somethings but everything looked normal, full screen on as well as edge turning.
Look to the config tab there are a few setting to change in there not just edge of screen setting but further down to enable full screen, whether to have windowed mode. resolutions, camera turning and a few others... But If you've fixed things the way you want them all is good...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Alt+ enter does not work "in-game"! Do at the first screen where you pick multiplayer, etc. ... FYI
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaddeauwolf
Commoner
Commoner

Post by shaddeauwolf »

Alt+ Enter is the way to fix it, THANX MUCHLY!