Forum Seperation BSK1 and BSK2

Post suggestions for improvements here.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Forum Seperation BSK1 and BSK2

Post by hisokaa »

Would it be possible to get the forum divided a bit, have all treads related to BSK 1 seperate from BSK2, It seems a bit hard to find whats BSK1 and what is BSK2 when you just want to check the forums for a quick update on things :)
Cheers Hisokaa
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Forum Seperation BSK1 and BSK2

Post by Capt Cliff »

I already asked about this and got little or no reply.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

The easiest way to do this would be for those who post to include BSK1 or BSK2 in the title of their post. The draw back to having two seperate forums is the problem of oversight. It is hard to monitor a forum without an active staff. It takes a staff twice as big to monitor two forums. I am not sure how big the current BSK staff is, but as long as there is an easier way to accomplish this, it is probably a better idea rather than adding one more thing to the 'to do list'.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

I didnt mean seperate the sites or create a new forum, I simply meant seperate the subsections, i.e. duplicate what we already have to make it something like this Forum ->

Blackstone Keep 1 ->
Server Information(Help/Requirements/Rules):
General Discussion:
Suggestions:
Bug Report:

Blackstone Keep 2 ->
Server Information(Help/Requirements/Rules):
General Discussion:
Suggestions:
Bug Report:

Public Cork Board ->

This will indeed help driller answer questions about both servers, fix bug reports and give update news more effectivly.

So what you should see on the first page of the forums is

Blackstone Keep 1 ->
Blackstone Keep 2 ->
Public Cork Board ->

Apon clicking the apropriate forum you wish to view you then see the other options as listed above.

Just a suggestion, and im sure it wouldnt be hard to implement one more layer of the forums and seperate the current ACTIVE threads and CANCEL all of the ancient ones.

Cheers Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Ah... that sounds a bit more doable than the impression I first got.

The questions needing to be asked now would be:
-How long will BSK1 be up?
-Are the current forum monitors active enough to increase the forum load.

Since I am more of a retired repository of grumpy wisdom, the current team really would need to determine what is practical.
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

This might be a moot point since hard anybody plays BSK 1 or 2!!! If driller is paying for these sites to be up and running he is very magnanimous to do so. Everytime I log on I almost get kkilled by the tumble weeds blowing through the Keep.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Post by Hordack »

This might be a moot point since hard anybody plays BSK 1 or 2!!! If driller is paying for these sites to be up and running he is very magnanimous to do so. Everytime I log on I almost get kkilled by the tumble weeds blowing through the Keep.
You must not play often Capt Cliff, I am on 2-3 times a week playing with my girl friend and her kids. I'm not saying the numbers are not low and seems a few "veteran players" gotten bored and left again. But there is a small group always on having fun and playing most days. There is a very helpful "fairy" on most days that likes to "RP" and there is that small group of "foxlings" running around and having fun. To give up on BSK just yet is just a failing on players part to stick it out and try to make this place work again. Just look for either "Nather" or "Dark Stalker"(aka Hordack the Dark) when you log in. I will always say hi if i see you.
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

All mods have dry spells. Mainly when the owners have other things to do in RL. Our site goes from one week a feast of players to next to non. Not a biggy since it's mainly the storylines going on in the forums and the game is main set up for DMs to do events... as posted in the forums.

But BSK I have seen it filled so full you can't get on for hours to crickets chirping. That is just the way of online activities. Also depends on how many of you get caught skipping out on your homework and dishes. Or if you have to go out and get a job to ... oh my ... pay the internet bill.... let alone your rent, car payment... or other RL things.

As long as it is not costing much to operate it will be there. Once Driller needs the computer for other things it's end of the game. Myself we run around 6 computers so one extra sitting on the side for players to enjoy is no biggy. It's not like the internet connection is not paying for itself. The worse that can happen is Driller's wife while vacuming will unplug the server. It's not like it has not happened before.... hehehe.
The world is a strange place.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Hordack wrote:
You must not play often Capt Cliff, I am on 2-3 times a week playing with my girl friend and her kids. I'm not saying the numbers are not low and seems a few "veteran players" gotten bored and left again. But there is a small group always on having fun and playing most days. There is a very helpful "fairy" on most days that likes to "RP" and there is that small group of "foxlings" running around and having fun. To give up on BSK just yet is just a failing on players part to stick it out and try to make this place work again. Just look for either "Nather" or "Dark Stalker"(aka Hordack the Dark) when you log in. I will always say hi if i see you.
I am playing from Thursday through Saturdays, sometimes Sunday morning. But I never see anybody on BSK. I get on and try the Umgah area but the "good" drops are very very scarce, or even mediocre ones are down. I have had beetter luck farming Marvale for stuff to charge my wands. I'll continue to peak in from time to time.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Capt Cliff wrote:
Hordack wrote:
I am playing from Thursday through Saturdays, sometimes Sunday morning. But I never see anybody on BSK. I get on and try the Umgah area but the "good" drops are very very scarce, or even mediocre ones are down. I have had beetter luck farming Marvale for stuff to charge my wands. I'll continue to peak in from time to time.
Hey Capt saw you on after watching a movie. Myle and I tried to get on to say hi but you were off that quickly. Needless to say you just missed a DM event by him that night. Ah well maybe next time.
The world is a strange place.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Erm.... Wrong forums Jaz... lol

:p
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©