Now Open for Business

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Stihl'th Zartallous
Commoner
Commoner

Now Open for Business

Post by Stihl'th Zartallous »

Citizens of Blackstone, lend me your ear...

Blackstone Keep is now home to The Den. A fine dining and eating establishment available to those that would purchase a membership. Inside you will find a comfortable and safe environment for meetings, gathering with companions, or for a quiet, romantic evening. Only the finest foods and beverages from all over the lands will be available, and at great expense I have procured chefs that have extensive knowledge of most of the realm's dishes. Behind the bar is a great shard of the purest ice, enchanted to stay forever cold that patrons may enjoy a cold drink in the hot summer months. Alcoholic beverages, juices and the finest spring waters are available for members. Once membership is purchased, all food and drink are complimentary, so one does not need to bring a heavy coinpurse.

Curtains of specially spelled cloth hang the walls, ensuring the noise level is kept most comfortable without being distracting. No shouting patrons or intrusive wait staff. All glassware within is also spelled to keep the appearance of glass while having the strength and stability of the finest dwarven steels. Spells, enchantments and shifting will not be allowed inside at any time. The Den is for quiet gatherings, and not meant for magelings or bored druids to flaunt their skills. Armour and drawn weapons are not allowed, and are not needed inside, as there will be no fighting or spellcasting permitted. Familiars, animal companions or any other summoned creatures are not permitted inside. I would ask that these are dismissed before entry.I have gone to great expense to procure a fellow that will ensure all the rules laid out in the Code of Conduct are followed. Failure to comply with the Code will result in the individual's Membership card being revoked with no refund. My desire is to provide a pleasant and safe meeting place for those citizens who care to use it and are willing to comply to the guidelines.

Also, in time, I do hope to fill the Den's bookshelves with historical accounts of events in Blackstone's history for patrons to peruse at their leisure.

The Den is a neutral place, and all are welcome providing they understand and agree to the Code of Conduct, understanding that any disruptive or abusive behaviour will result in the loss of their membership privileges. I do expect members to treat other members with respect, and any differences between members are to be discussed or settled outside of my establishment. As proprietor, I reserve the right to revoke any membership at any time.

So, welcome, citizens of Blackstone, and do enjoy this fine establishment where a friendly ear and fine food and drink are always available. Come to meet, talk or listen to the bards and musicians ply their trade in our acoustical area. Memberships are currently available from myself, Stihl'th, and will cost a single fee of five hundred thousand. Barring any issues, memberships are lifetime things. Guest passes are also available to members upon request so that you may introduce friends and companions to The Den, allowing them to survey the establishment before purchasing a membership.

We look forward to your patronage...
The Den Staff.

OOC Stuff...

This is a RolePlay Enforced area. Period. It is all for and about RP. If you do not like to RP, then do not buy a membership please. There are no free items, no benefits, no cool stuff to buy there, no advantages no nothing, just a safe place to RP with friends and strangers that don't want to be bothered by the random morons that like to disrupt RP near the Great Tree in the Keep. The food and drink are all RP'ed, so only your imagination limits what you order. There are a few sleeping rooms inside for members to use if they choose, and again, that is also all RP'ed. Server rules will apply inside, as well as my expectations which are posted in the entry to the Den. No portals will be allowed, no buffs, no spells and no shifting. Armour and drawn weapons are not allowed either, so find someone to make you some fancy clothes if you don't have some already. :) I also have a bouncer to enforce all rules inside. I hope I don't have to use him, but if I am forced to evict people, the Bouncer will be brought out, and as you are being pounded into the pavement, your membership card will be revoked, and there will be NO refunds. And do not come in thinking to "try" out the Bouncer just because you are feeling tough...I assure you, you *will* lose.

The cost may seem a bit steep to some people, but it's really not that hard to get. Mainly, the price is there simply for people to value what they are buying, and something to make them think twice before being disruptive and losing their membership.

This is made for all the RP'ers of Blackstone, and I hope you all enjoy it. *PLEASE* respect my rules inside, and respect your fellow members while inside as well. I don't want arguments or name calling, even if you bump into your most hated enemy. Any conflicts are to be taken outside, verbal or physical.

Think of this as a RolePlayer's Guild, if you like. Open to all alignments and races. Feel free to ask any questions. Free memberships will not be given out, so don't fill this post with requests of that nature.

That is all I can think of right now. I really hope everyone enjoys the place, and I hope this goes far in boosting the RP level on the server. If someone is inside, there *will* be RP. So if you are not in a talkative mood, stay out and beat something up instead. When inside The Den, you never know who will sit beside you and strike up a conversation. :)

Stihl'th

*Edit* Please forgive the odd thing here and there, like the Elf Ranger as a bartender. :) I still have a few finishing touches to put in. Also, the anti-portal script and anti-buff scripts are not in yet, so please pretend they are. Thank you.
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

A great new addition to Blackstone. Everyone I see inside is enjoying it thoroughly. I look forward to the future of the Den and the chance to interact with all who would come inside.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
dmcclain
Count
Count

The Den

Post by dmcclain »

I have been playing in the keep for about a month now and I got so excited when I read about the Den. I am an avid role player and get quite up set playing in party with those who don't respect the rp. I am, however, a little upset at the price. I understand paying for what you get and I don't mean to sound like the whiny girl I try not to be. I have 3 characters that I play and they are no where near getting that much gp. The only players I know with that much keep are higher levels 30+. Which brings me to my point. I congratulate you on your new purchase and I hope it does well but it just proves my point that the Keep is geared toward higher levels and really frustrates a die hard role player that just happens to be a newbie.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Is the price per CHARACTER or per PLAYER? If it's per player, the price is not too bad at all.
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

I had the same question...
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Its per character, as the membership is a no drop item.

And you know.. I am sure there are a few characters out there with over 5-40Mil that would be willing to help the newer Role Players get a membership. I know my player character has already bought a membership for someone who is an amazing RP'er, but does not have the gold to pay for their own membership. :wink: Think outside the box people.... really its not that much gold to have a place spam free and dedicated to role play.
A DM's job is not to love you, but to help you grow stronger in character.
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

This is the reason a few months back I was asking for the books.... :wink: Wonder if I will now be flooded with stories ... hmm....
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Count me as another asking this question, per player or per character ?

As I also have a good few characters spread over a few different accounts too.

Though I understand the principle intended, I do think it is rather steep and then the question is what happens to all this revenue ?

It takes some doing to get 500,000 gold when you start up a new character and is my opinion far too much if it is per character.

Am sorry to say but there has to be a better way than taking half a million off every player or character just so they can RP. Especially in the current climate where players are often these days expressing the down turn in loot drops particularly gold.

Half a million goes along way to kitting out a chgaracter to be able to survive against monsters that they need to be fighting to earn the drops in the first place. Hence I truely think this is a price in time people will stop paying for and take their RP elsewhere.

I also ask again where is all this gold going ?
k9mouse
Duke
Duke

Post by k9mouse »

I agree... i have over a great number of char's and .5 mill per pop

OUCH!!

hmm.. building/makeing chars or just sit around not makeing the coin to buy the membership in first place... gee that is a tought one ... mining here i come!!
Queen Naga II wrote:Count me as another asking this question, per player or per character ?

As I also have a good few characters spread over a few different accounts too.

Though I understand the principle intended, I do think it is rather steep and then the question is what happens to all this revenue ?

It takes some doing to get 500,000 gold when you start up a new character and is my opinion far too much if it is per character.

Am sorry to say but there has to be a better way than taking half a million off every player or character just so they can RP. Especially in the current climate where players are often these days expressing the down turn in loot drops particularly gold.

Half a million goes along way to kitting out a chgaracter to be able to survive against monsters that they need to be fighting to earn the drops in the first place. Hence I truely think this is a price in time people will stop paying for and take their RP elsewhere.

I also ask again where is all this gold going ?
~=% Run from your nightmares, chase after your dreams, but in the end ... they both come to you in sleep %=~
DM_Jaydaan
Baron
Baron

Post by DM_Jaydaan »

Its just like any other guild out there... you can choose not to join. As I said once already it is PER CHARACTER as the memberships are no drop. If you choose not to purchase a membership, rp'ing at the tree is still a viable option.
Elf of Silver
Knight
Knight

Post by Elf of Silver »

This is actually refreshing to see, I might even return for no other reason than to become a member. I quit the server because of the lack of RP. :)
Queen Naga II
Duke
Duke

Post by Queen Naga II »

Still no explaination as to what happens to all the revenue raised. Also am sorry but this not just like any other guild at all, no other guild that is in BSK or any other past guild has asked for such a huge sum of gold to be fronted up for membership.

There really has to be a better way than charging each character a huge sum of gold just so they can have a place to RP. I honestly believe you have got this wrong if you think players are going to fork out half a million for each new character they play.

As for getting other players to sponsor your membership, *shakes her head* no no no, don't think that'll happen much either. Its kind of like giving away a blue forge stone because you like anothers RP, it is just so unlikely to happen. Am not saying it won't happen, I just honestly believe this is wrong way to go about it.

I have certainly changed my mind about this now it has been clarified that it is per character charge, and i'll be doing my RP outside of this new premises. I would advise anyone else to do the same til some common sense prevails. I RP as passively as possible all the time and with every character I have regardless of response from others to my RP.

I see no reason why I should have to fork out half a million gold for every character I play to have some place to go to RP. Am sorry but this really makes me think that RP'ers are not wanted on BSK because we have to pay to be able to RP in peace or with like minded people.

Just because the item/token for membership is non-dropable does not mean you have to charge every character of the same player half a million of each character they have. Afterall it is just employing a DM to add it to your inventory so why can't this fee be for a number of characters from the same player or player account ?

You tell people herein to think outside the box, well heres a suggestion...

Six would be an ideal number for this, one or multiple characters a player has can fork up the half million. Each item/token can have a number embedded on to it so any DM in future can see how many tokens have been issued to that player account. To purchase a further 6 costs another half million and so on.

Alternatively, give the player character all 6 tokens as they are undroppable they are not tradeable so this character would need DM assistance to transfer a token to the other 5 characters of the player choosing. Then this can be done immediately upon purchase or as the player themselves wishes in future.

A simple rule being that you can only transfer a single token from one character to another if the character who holds the items/tokens has more than one and no more than one can be transfered to another character. This will prevent abuse or cheating in that you can not endlessly transfer the item/token to every new character a player would start to play.

I know gold is not too hard to get hold of on BSK but this smacks of a money sink hole to me. So the question begs what are we to expect for the non RP'er in terms of a money sink hole ?
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

I bought a membership for the Den and I must say it's lovely inside, it's nice because you don't have all the other banter in the script box as you would say at the inn or at the tree. But it's not a compulsive thing, you don't HAVE to join, it's personal choice, you can RP anywhere. If you think 500k is worth the price for some degree of personal piece and quiet then pay it, if you don't, then don't join. Simple as far as I can see
dmcclain
Count
Count

thinking outside the box with the den

Post by dmcclain »

Thinking outside the box, as you put it. I have actually been offered a membership for one of my characters (Topanga) by a player in the Keep. He just happens to be my BEST FRIEND. I, like the other player don't see players just giving 1/2 mil gp to another player because they like their rp. But I'll do this...I have 2 other characters (Saphire and Deva) with totally different rp and I'll will keep you posted on how many offers I get to have them sponsor my den membership. This isn't sarcasm, its just the way I speak.
"People in Icewater want Hell!"

~Harley Quinn, Batman Hush
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

You could also try bartering and haggling down the price personally to the membership owner. I'm betting that if you do it in game and in character, that'll, at the very least, show you've got the chops.

Otherwise, if you're too financially subpar for the job, I suggest 'trade' instead of 'commerce' ... find items that are worth 500k and you 'have' 500k, yes? Forge stones, colored items, forged items... etc etc.

Generating revenue isn't as hard as it's made out to be. You just have to liquidate some things in order to make an investment.
ZOMFGOMBIES!