Weapon lost disarm

Report any bugs you find here.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weapon lost disarm

Post by driller »

What about the next guy and the next and the next? What about all the people I have refused in the past?

It very clearly states when you join the server that any lost items will not be replaced.

I know it sucks and I have taken steps to make hopefully prevent it from happening again, but once I start doing this there will be no end to it.

But if the players want to help him out, I am all for it. But I will not rig it.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

I was always under this presumption; I've read the rules. I made my offer with this in mind.

I have a few spare of the required stones and would be willing to try and reroll a few times to get a nice replacement.
driller wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm What about the next guy and the next and the next? What about all the people I have refused in the past?

It very clearly states when you join the server that any lost items will not be replaced.

I know it sucks and I have taken steps to make hopefully prevent it from happening again, but once I start doing this there will be no end to it.

But if the players want to help him out, I am all for it. But I will not rig it.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK. Fair enough. Well. How do we go about this in practise?
driller wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm What about the next guy and the next and the next? What about all the people I have refused in the past?

Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

I'm free today/tonight (Friday 1st), but will then probably not be free again until perhaps the night of Tuesday 5th. I'm from the UK but keep pretty strange hours, I should be available from 6pm GMT onwards (1pm East Coast? I'm not sure). Should be available in some way or another for about 12 hours or so, even if it means dropping the stones and gold off with you and heading off to run an errand.

Depends on your availability.

If that's not possible, I have a more fixed schedule again as of Tuesday 5th so we could work something out for then or afterwards.
Cornflower wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 pm OK. Fair enough. Well. How do we go about this in practise?

Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I'll be on most of friday european daytime. Not Saturday. Maybe Sunday. I'll try to catch you.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
run4life
Commoner
Commoner

Post by run4life »

I lost two weapons myself that way - forged kukri and scythe. TBH, did not even notice where went my kukri - not sure if kukri is to small or it vanished as well.

But the scythe story was quite funny - we were doing Shal in a big pack, 9 toons, all around HIM. Then he decided to hit my scyther with disarm for some reason, and my scythe was disarmed right to the floor beeneth his feets. Was unable to pick it up, to crowded. Decided, that i will wait 3 mins untill we finish first kill. When we did, scythe was gone ;)

My advice - always care about free space in inv. Your weapon will always end up on the floor if there is no space left. HOWEVER, for some reason, there is small chance that even with free space, Your weapon goes straight to floor. No idea why. You just have to pay attention and pick it up before it vanishes.

IMO, it makes epic runs even more spicy, when You gang Boss and have to pick up Your weapon during that mess :)

#### ATTENTION, there is another bug which can swap weapon and even shield to ground ####

Time stop - You ever notice, that when TimeStop casted by mobs ends, Your toon does some weird action, like using scroll/item or swapin wepaon/shield?

Happen to my tank - after time stop, my tank tok another weapon/shield ( from magic bag lol ) and raplaced the right ones. I had no space left in inv and my forged shield went to floor. Funny thing, i didnt even know i wear wrong shield coz both had same appearance. Was lucky enough, that DM Eaze noticed shield on the floor and gave it back once the battle was done. Thanks Eaze!