About PvP and Pickpocketing

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

About PvP and Pickpocketing

Post by Cornflower »

So, I play NWN in part to get away from nasty people and bad events in real life.

Is there a way I can in some way avoid being pickpocketed and/or attacked by other players?

I really don't want to be involved in PvP and pickpocketing, there's enough of that in real life. I want this to be a relaxing experience. Fighting monsters is exciting. Being pickpocketed or attacked by players who don't respect me telling them "please, don't do that, I don't want to play that way" is not exciting, it's extremely annoying.

I like BSK and I'd rather keep playing here, but the influx of new players have brought some people here that I'd rather not play with. Back in 2004, I even started my own PW in order to create a place where you didn't have to suffer PvP/PP. I would rather not do that again, it's too much work. (I can't really understand how driller finds the time and energy.)
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Re: About PvP and Pickpocketing

Post by Roland Deschain »

To avoid PP focus on Spot/listen and have eye of akon on your person.
To avoid PvP, have greater sanc spells or scrolls ready on your character.
If you get PvP'd without consent screenshot it and contact a hunter to have the person dealt with in-game/character.
The Discord is the easiest way to contact someone to deal with a PKer.

99% of PKing or "griefing" can be dealt with without bothering driller. It takes a special kind of ******* for driller to have to waste his time dealing with it.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

I have never been pick pocketed (that I know of), but the other day I was pk'd twice in less than 5 minutes by the same toon. It was really rather annoying.

How does one 'contact a hunter'? I have been playing nwn since its release, but I haven't been playing in persistent worlds that long.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Who PK'd you and under what circumstance?
Vestrit wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:44 am I have never been pick pocketed (that I know of), but the other day I was pk'd twice in less than 5 minutes by the same toon. It was really rather annoying.

How does one 'contact a hunter'? I have been playing nwn since its release, but I haven't been playing in persistent worlds that long.
Vestrit
Knight
Knight

Post by Vestrit »

I don't remember the name of the character that did it. I was using Suna Wayne my arcane archer.

I was hunting ettin in the enclave. The first time it happened I had been overwhelmed (I could only deal with one at a time at that level) and fled back to the forest. Just after getting there a character came up to me, paused, then killed me. After restarting in the temple I went back to hunting ettin. A few minutes later that same character came from the direction of the swamp. They didn't pause this time. I was fighting an ettin and they killed first it, then me, then went off towards the forest.

I have not run into that character again since that time.

At least I didn't seem to lose XP. It was mostly just an annoyance.

I was so shocked that it happened, then happened again that I didn't think to take a screen shot.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Ok thanks. If you can, please get a screen if it happens again.
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

I dont get the whole idea of contacting a hunter.

PVP without consent is a violation of the rule. SS it and email it to the DMs.

Do not do anything else imo.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is because I think it is better to handle unruly players within the game itself. But, if that doesn't work, I will step in.
Terankar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:26 am I dont get the whole idea of contacting a hunter.

Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Terankar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:26 am I dont get the whole idea of contacting a hunter.

Because we've handled these scenarios before and stopped people like that...plenty of times! Lol heck we've even grouped up with some of the Kazarites to stop some players attacking people on the road! If someone is messing with you like that and a DMs not available. If i'm on you can always Message me and i'll gladly help you :) So would Roland. Always make sure to have Screen Shots of what took place so you can send them to a DM. Eye of Akon helps for pp, and it also can help to let people know in the character creation screen type "//I do not consent to pvp" in the bio. I've seen people do that one before to help avoid pvp. If a DM is on there always the better route!
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Wing--Zero wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:48 pm .... and it also can help to let people know in the character creation screen type "//I do not consent to pvp" in the bio. I've seen people do that one before to help avoid pvp. ...
Now he tells me, when I have 8 toons up and running.... LOL.... Seriously, that's actually a good idea.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

it also can help to let people know in the character creation screen type "//I do not consent to pvp" in the bio. I've seen people do that one before to help avoid pvp.
Maybe it's my devious side here, but don't write something like that in your bio, some will just see it as a chalenge and target you with the like of pick pocket all the time or try and taunt you or harass you to get to crack up.

Simply leave the area or log out and back in with another toon is you get PvPed and such, easiest way to avoid it altogether.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

Mask-inc wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm
it also can help to let people know in the character creation screen type "//I do not consent to pvp" in the bio. I've seen people do that one before to help avoid pvp.
Maybe it's my devious side here, but don't write something like that in your bio, some will just see it as a chalenge and target you with the like of pick pocket all the time or try and taunt you or harass you to get to crack up.

Simply leave the area or log out and back in with another toon is you get PvPed and such, easiest way to avoid it altogether.

Mask
You are the devil for sure! :lol:

It will definately turn on some people to just "play" with them
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

...and players who do that will take a nice trip to the Blackstone Prison.
Mask-inc wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Mask
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

How take a screen shot with a Android LG K20 Mobile Smart Phone?

Another idea is I am a Elven Ranger/Assassin/Shadowdancer

If my toon is built good enough, high enough level, etc, and if ok with everybody, DM's, Driller, etc, I would like to be hired to Assassinate, PK, PVP these problem, troublemaking, PVP, Playerkilling Jerks.

That give me a way to do my concept without being a PVP, PK jerk.

Even if have permission from somebody, I dont like pvping, playerkilling most players, as even if given permission, it can ruin the fun for others.

And it can ruin my fun, and get my toon killed.

Thats why I only like to play my Assassin as a Deputy, Merc, Bounty Hunter, Hired Assassin, government spy, Assassin, adventurer, where only kill troublemaking NPC's, MONSTERS, PC's, if I am paid to do so.

So by hiring me, you get to help me do my toon concept, you rid blackstone of a troublemaker, and you deal with the person playerkilling you.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Asturonethoriusaline wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:25 pm How take a screen shot with a Android LG K20 Mobile Smart Phone?

Another idea is I am a Elven Ranger/Assassin/Shadowdancer

If my toon is built good enough, high enough level, etc, and if ok with everybody, DM's, Driller, etc, I would like to be hired to Assassinate, PK, PVP these problem, troublemaking, PVP, Playerkilling Jerks.

That give me a way to do my concept without being a PVP, PK jerk.

Even if have permission from somebody, I dont like pvping, playerkilling most players, as even if given permission, it can ruin the fun for others.

And it can ruin my fun, and get my toon killed.

Thats why I only like to play my Assassin as a Deputy, Merc, Bounty Hunter, Hired Assassin, government spy, Assassin, adventurer, where only kill troublemaking NPC's, MONSTERS, PC's, if I am paid to do so.

So by hiring me, you get to help me do my toon concept, you rid blackstone of a troublemaker, and you deal with the person playerkilling you.
This is the kind of "better to handle unruly players within the game itself" that Driller mentioned earlier in the thread. I believe the Blackstone Hunters are a guild dedicated to exactly these sorts of endeavours, although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't met one for 10 years or so :roll: