Weapon lost disarm

Report any bugs you find here.
Jack o'Lantern
Commoner
Commoner

Weapon lost disarm

Post by Jack o'Lantern »

During a Shalnath run I've been disarmed and my weapon didn't go to my inventory or on the ground.... just vanished.
I wonder if I can get it back somehow cause it was a perfect forged one.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weapon lost disarm

Post by driller »

Unfortunately, we do not replace lost items. Do to the simple fact that if I do it for one person, then I have to for everyone and every request.

You can see how it would quickly get out of hand. The weapon probably ended up in Shalnath's inventory. I have seen this before and was able to retrieve the item. But in any case, I have removed all disarm feats from Shalnath.

Would anyone be willing to help Jack obtain another weapon?
Jack o'Lantern wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 pm During a Shalnath run I've been disarmed and my weapon didn't go to my inventory or on the ground.... just vanished.
I wonder if I can get it back somehow cause it was a perfect forged one.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Compromise:
If Jack lets me know the exact specs and DM Eaze provides me with the appropriate stones (I can supply minor stones, of which I have a gazillion but if it requires major stones, I need to be reimbursed), I can forge it.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

I could potentially help you Jack. Look for me on Discord or in game.

The disarm issue has been an issue for sometime I don't think anything can really be done about it. But just let me know what you had and I can help you
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Jack o'Lantern
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jack o'Lantern »

Thanks a lot for the support shown guys.
The weapon was a socketable kama with 2d12bludgeoning, 2d12 massive crit, 1d6 slashing,1d6piercing, 5 vamp, 20 ab and keen.
If u can do something about it would be awesome.
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Jack o'Lantern wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:10 am Thanks a lot for the support shown guys.
The weapon was a socketable kama with 2d12bludgeoning, 2d12 massive crit, 1d6 slashing,1d6piercing, 5 vamp, 20 ab and keen.
Lol that is quite the Kama... I don't think I can come up with that
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Jack o'Lantern
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jack o'Lantern »

Gimili wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:15 am
Jack o'Lantern wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:10 am Thanks a lot for the support shown guys.
Lol that is quite the Kama... I don't think I can come up with that
Yeah....so sad thinking I wasted 2 months and tons of stones forging it.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Well... As I said, if a DM can give me some high-end forgies, I can Forge that for you. But since it's gonna cost a lot of stones, I can't afford that on my own.

Also, since there's a random element in Forging, it might not be exactly the same. You can end up with something else instead of bludgeoning.

I would also point out that 5 vamp costs a lot of levels, but is hardly useful in game. Maybe for a monk with 10 attacks, but I don't think it's worth it.

And finally: Ouch. That was a fine weapon. I feel your pain.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

I will help out, if someone could let me know what materials are required. Get in touch, Cornflower.

EDIT: I just need a crafter and the knowledge of which stone gives massive crit.
Jack o'Lantern
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jack o'Lantern »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 am I will help out, if someone could let me know what materials are required. Get in touch, Cornflower.

EDIT: I just need a crafter and the knowledge of which stone gives massive crit.
Do not worry, I know all kind of stones required since I forged it. The real problem is that to achieve that results I invested tons of rare stones (you cannot even imagine how many ) and the process is completely random...so I can't really pretend other players to help me but still thanks a lot for all your concern. I appreciate it :)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Jack o'Lantern wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:51 pm
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 am I will help out, if someone could let me know what materials are required. Get in touch, Cornflower.

Do not worry, I know all kind of stones required since I forged it. The real problem is that to achieve that results I invested tons of rare stones (you cannot even imagine how many ) and the process is completely random...so I can't really pretend other players to help me but still thanks a lot for all your concern. I appreciate it :)
*shrug* I'm not really interested in top-end gear as I only play casually and it sounds like you'd get much better use of it than I would. As Cornflower said, only 1 part of the item can't be reliably replicated but other than that, I'm willing to put up the materials and my gold to remake it since it's not at all fair that you lost your item. You will just have to take a chance on that one random aspect.

It's a serious offer and one you really should take. As I said above, I'm not interested in high end gear. If you'd prefer, I can just give you the stones and you can see to the crafting of it yourself.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Jack o'Lantern wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Well... Not to be nitpicking, but not the entire process is random. If you have 80+ crafting (I have 85), the randomness is only in the mass crit (2d4-2d12) and in the not-socket damage (2d4-2d12 of random type). So, my experience is you need to make about 8-12 (according to hard-won experience) kamas until you get 2d12 + 2d12.

Now, I have a suggestion for driller, sort of a compromise/exception to the rule. Now, I know you can't keep reimbursing people, it sets a bad precedent. But... Pretty Fly White Guy is willing to put up the stones needed. I can also contribute some and we have at least two crafters with the knowledge. So, the only trouble really is the randomness. So, what if:

We players put up the stones required, even cover for randomness. driller makes the weapon (thus eliminating the randomness). In that way, it's not reimbursed, but sort of re-bought.

No spoilers, but we need (if I remember correctly, don't have my notes now):
+20: 1 stone
Keen: 1 stone
5 Vamp: 1 stone
mass crit: 1 stone, or if we cover for randomness about 4-6 stones
main damage: 1 stone, or if we cover for randomness about 4-6 stones
sub-damages: 2 runes.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Wasn't aware of just how random that was, that's kinda lame. Still willing to part with as many stones as required.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:51 am Wasn't aware of just how random that was, that's kinda lame. Still willing to part with as many stones as required.
If driller jumps at my somewhat unorthodox idea, I'll pitch in too. Maybe we can start a collection?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Jack o'Lantern
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jack o'Lantern »

well...while I really hope driller will take that in consideration, let me tell that you, guys, are so lovely