Reset and Merchant Inventory!?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reset and Merchant Inventory!?

Post by driller »

This has been removed and set back. After adding instancing, I noticed a lot of crashes. I don't think area instancing is ready for prime time.

I made sure that you cannot save your location in Akon's now. This will give other players a fairer chance.

Also, I am considering changing Akon's stone to the following behavior:

1.If you leave the Bridge of Doom the stone will disappear.
2.If you don't use the stone on the same day you acquire it, it will no longer work.

-driller
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

Why not make items unlimited supply?? Wouldn’t this fix everything? Much of this gear is needed to continue but elite gear is still made via crafter / forge system so it still wouldn’t be “easy” but rather giving people ability to get to 40 and survive, at least until they can get gear forged up.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It was because some items should be readily available but hard to get, but since I added knockdown to forge stones, it has lost some of its purpose.

-driller
Jake_Master wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:49 am Why not make items unlimited supply?? Wouldn’t this fix everything? Much of this gear is needed to continue but elite gear is still made via crafter / forge system so it still wouldn’t be “easy” but rather giving people ability to get to 40 and survive, at least until they can get gear forged up.
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

driller wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:20 am It was because some items should be readily available but hard to get, but since I added knockdown to forge stones, it has lost some of its purpose.

-driller
Jake_Master wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:49 am Why not make items unlimited supply?? Wouldn’t this fix everything? Much of this gear is needed to continue but elite gear is still made via crafter / forge system so it still wouldn’t be “easy” but rather giving people ability to get to 40 and survive, at least until they can get gear forged up.
Yep, the new forge stone is a amazing.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Oooo...a new forgie for my collection! Still have to reinstall after resetting my system. Great to see renewed interest in the Keep!
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

DM Rendyll wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm Oooo...a new forgie for my collection! Still have to reinstall after resetting my system. Great to see renewed interest in the Keep!
Look forward to seeing you back. Catch me in-game when you are on, I'll help you out with the basics.
Blackstone Keep Veteran
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Help with the basics?? :-P Sheesh, I haven't been gone that long, Warlock! LOL. Yeah...I think I'll have to reinstall again. Would be cool to play again, especially if there is some RP going on again. That was the whole reason I built the Den.
warlock
Count
Count

Post by warlock »

DM Rendyll wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:54 pm Help with the basics?? :-P Sheesh, I haven't been gone that long, Warlock! LOL. Yeah...I think I'll have to reinstall again. Would be cool to play again, especially if there is some RP going on again. That was the whole reason I built the Den.
You'd be surprised how much one forgets when you are away for a while, not to mention all the new areas and quests which is quite baffling at sometimes :)
Blackstone Keep Veteran
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Yeah...was just pulling yer leg. ;-) Looking forward to the new areas, and new quests are always welcome! Might bring Stihl'th back to be a retired adventurer turned bartender and see if The Den can be a place for some great RP and storytelling. Try to keep the old characters and stories alive.