Help with NWN1

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Help with NWN1

Post by Doofy Britches »

Hey all-

Just back from Afghanistan and trying to log into BSK1. I finally got the v2.tlk file.. and can log in.. however-
My main menu is missing.. and submenus are missing as well.

Main menu- at the login screen- beginning of the game.. I have the screen- but the text boxes are empty.
In the game when I pull up any menu- those text boxes are also missing.

What file am I missing and or where do I need to put a file to have text back in my menus?

thanks,
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with NWN1

Post by driller »

What OS are you running? Also, do you have any files in your NWN\override folder?

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Hey all-

Just back from Afghanistan and trying to log into BSK1. I finally got the v2.tlk file.. and can log in.. however-

Main menu- at the login screen- beginning of the game.. I have the screen- but the text boxes are empty.

What file am I missing and or where do I need to put a file to have text back in my menus?

thanks,
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driller-

Vista Ultimate= and yes.. plenty of files in the override...need a print out?

driller wrote:What OS are you running? Also, do you have any files in your NWN\override folder?

-driller

thanks,
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Rename your override file and make sure that you start Neverwinter by running nwmain.exe.
Set it's properties to compatibility mode XP SP2 and disable desktop compositing.

-driller
Doofy Britches wrote:Driller-

Vista Ultimate= and yes.. plenty of files in the override...need a print out?

driller wrote:What OS are you running? Also, do you have any files in your NWN\override folder?

-driller

thanks,
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Yep, change your setting for NWN to compatibility mode. Even then it may act up if you try to quick click through the opening animation so you may want to turn that off.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driler/Myle-

Thanks for the tips.. I already run (and have played ) on my pc with those settings on BSK 1. It was only after updating to Cep 2.2- and adding the Cep v2.tlk file that the corruption occured.

No idea why- it was running fine before- now when I updated Cep- menu boxes have disappeared.

Think I may reinstall game and see what that does.