A NWN World Map version of BK

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Philonous
Commoner
Commoner

A NWN World Map version of BK

Post by Philonous »

Hello,
I am a new player in BK and so far I enjoy the module immensely. Most servers are either too slow or too fast, and most of them have PK that is out of control. There are very few servers I like in NWN and I usually stick with those, and so far AROP was my favorite server but it shut down because the DM is too busy with his own life. Hopefully this server will last as long as it needs to. I liked this server because its very well balanced and its much more fast paced than POA, and it seems to have a lot more quest input than most servers I know of. The terrain of the module isn't as confusing or boring, the terrain and landscape is well designed.

The only suggestion I have is to make a World Map of BK. It may not be necessary for veteran players who could remember the whole game in the back of their heads, but I would like to see a world of BK so I could at least feel like I'm actually in a legendary world similar to D&D or Baldur's Gate. It would also be practically useful since I could know where I am and how far I am from specific places.

Other than that I enjoy the game so far, If I have further suggestion I will make some.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: A NWN World Map version of BK

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Making such a map can be very time consuming. It might be more practical to ask for someone to give a general description of the lower level areas. This way you could get a feel for the basic lay out of the areas your likely to visit early in the game. This will also allow you to experiance the intended challenge of exploration as you advance beyond the lower level zones.

BTW... are you refering to BSK1 or BSK2?
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

I agree on the time consumption of a BSK world map.
And Myle, this is why I suggested BSK forum seperation prime example.
Cheers Hisokka.
Hisokaa Is Back
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I don't deny how useful a seperate forum would be. I think it is a good idea at the core. The question is where to stop. Once a seperate primary forum is up, someone will want a seperate story/rp, seperate bug... etc.. and the issue becomes 'who will monitor it' especially if it existed as a seperate site.

This is not to say that Driller will not toss a new forum up this evening, just to point out that even good ideas have ligistical matters to address.
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle