Testing, Testing...One Two Three. Is this thing on?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Gibbo wrote:Yesterday I pulled a tripwire across a sidewalk and tripped up some old woman.

Today I gave a pair of baby twins a lollypop.

Does that mean I'm +1 with my Karma? I'm feelin' lucky for forge stones tonight.
If they're siamese twins, no. They're only technically one physical body.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

halfogre0520 wrote:
Even if the server thinks of my character as level 7, he's still considered lower level than the creatures he's fighting. On the other hand, if what alnyndur is saying is the case he's finding that fighting creatures AT your level is giving better results then how do you explain new characters hitting level 40 with forged items? I can't see any other explaination than muling. In which case there is no attraction to the server. The main draw of the server is the socket and forge stones..
Forge stones are pretty limited in their use for levelling really, in fact you don't NEED a single one to make 40, there are several paths, to suit your characters build.

I do agree that forge stones and sockets are a major draw of the server though, and they have (it seems) been fewer around of late. As well as a lot less gold (in the form of magic sale loot) which is much more important for levelling to 40. Some of the stuff in Akons is far more useful than any forge stone for the adventurer.

Forge stones are obviously needed for pvp, and lots of them for a rotal kit out.

Good effort with the experiment halfogre, but I could have told you that overall the drops have been dire in bsk for months - compared to what they used to be.
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

BaskingDemon wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:
Even if the server thinks of my character as level 7, he's still considered lower level than the creatures he's fighting. On the other hand, if what alnyndur is saying is the case he's finding that fighting creatures AT your level is giving better results then how do you explain new characters hitting level 40 with forged items? I can't see any other explaination than muling. In which case there is no attraction to the server. The main draw of the server is the socket and forge stones..
Forge stones are pretty limited in their use for levelling really, in fact you don't NEED a single one to make 40, there are several paths, to suit your characters build.

I do agree that forge stones and sockets are a major draw of the server though, and they have (it seems) been fewer around of late. As well as a lot less gold (in the form of magic sale loot) which is much more important for levelling to 40. Some of the stuff in Akons is far more useful than any forge stone for the adventurer.

Forge stones are obviously needed for pvp, and lots of them for a rotal kit out.

Good effort with the experiment halfogre, but I could have told you that overall the drops have been dire in bsk for months - compared to what they used to be.
BD in da house!

Thanks. Hey, that begs to question then. Can a character survive on nothing but store purchases? Hmm...
BSK User: Douglas Thurman
Character: Regulus Hinder, Cleric of Kazra
Character: Test Subject One - Fighter, Level 6
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

driller wrote:That isn't entirely true. The 1d1000 part that is.
I don't recall saying that in a literal way.

-driller
The 1d1000 was only in the example driller offerred when explaining the one drop per kill. As I remember it was a bunch of if/thens as oppoese to if/ands.
My memory used to be better. Also, my memory used to be better.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The drops are sorta like this:

Code: Select all

if(Random(1000) + 1 == 1)
DropLoot(5);
else if(Random(500) + 1 == 1)
DropLoot(4);
else if(Random(250) + 1 == 1)
DropLoot(3);
else if(Random(100) + 1 == 1)
DropLoot(2);
else if(Random(50) + 1 == 1)
DropLoot(1);
-driller

Fenrip wrote:
driller wrote:That isn't entirely true. The 1d1000 part that is.
I don't recall saying that in a literal way.

-driller
The 1d1000 was only in the example driller offerred when explaining the one drop per kill. As I remember it was a bunch of if/thens as oppoese to if/ands.
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Feels more like:

if(PlayerX Kills MonsterX(1) + PlanetsAlign1 == 2341564)
DropLoot (CrapShoot);
else if (PlayerX=male (ROFL) + SolarEclipse == 165437)
DropLoot (YeahRight);
else if (PlayerX=female (Whistle) + FullMoon == 666)
DropLoot (Torch);

Or something like that. :D
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory."
- Paul Fix
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

halfogre0520 wrote:Feels more like:

DropLoot (CrapShoot);
DropLoot (YeahRight);
DropLoot (Torch);

Careful there. I imagine it could change into

if(halfogre0520 logsin(1) +1 == 1)
DivineSmite
halfogre0520
Baron
Baron

Post by halfogre0520 »

Fenrip wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:Feels more like:

DropLoot (CrapShoot);
DropLoot (YeahRight);
DropLoot (Torch);

Careful there. I imagine it could change into

if(halfogre0520 logsin(1) +1 == 1)
DivineSmite
ROFL! It could indeed. :D
- Paul Fix
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

Doesn't your code mean that there are no drops Driller. As it picks a random number up to 1000/500 etc and then adds one.

Technically 0 isn't a number, so it would never drop.

Maybe the game mechanics don't work like that, idk.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The Random(x) function always returns a random number between 0 and x - 1.

-driller
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote:Doesn't your code mean that there are no drops Driller. As it picks a random number up to 1000/500 etc and then adds one.

Technically 0 isn't a number, so it would never drop.

Maybe the game mechanics don't work like that, idk.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

ah, i thought it returned a number from 1->x
BaskingDemon
Count
Count

Post by BaskingDemon »

halfogre0520 wrote:
BaskingDemon wrote:
halfogre0520 wrote:

BD in da house!

Thanks. Hey, that begs to question then. Can a character survive on nothing but store purchases? Hmm...
For sure, there is hardly one forge stone that I would go out of my way to get for levelling purposes, the one closest would be a gold, but that isn't neccesary, just without one will probably be subject to a hp loss.

Levelling to 40 without the use of any forge stones? no problem, done it. Levelling to 40 without any of Akons gear? I don't even want to think about it.
Ipsissimossity
Baron
Baron

Post by Ipsissimossity »

BaskingDemon wrote: Levelling to 40 without any of Akons gear? I don't even want to think about it.
I'd suggest trying either a mage, SD or Cleric/DD. Though, the mage would have to be somewhat adapted to be able to survive without any form of KD-immunity.
Fenrip
Duke
Duke

Post by Fenrip »

Saw 2 forgies (cobalt/gold) drop yesterday within 10 minutes of each other in the lizards. There were 3 of us levels 8-11. First time in a while I have seen that.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

Ipsissimossity wrote:
BaskingDemon wrote: Levelling to 40 without any of Akons gear? I don't even want to think about it.
I'd suggest trying either a mage, SD or Cleric/DD. Though, the mage would have to be somewhat adapted to be able to survive without any form of KD-immunity.
Sorc/PM/Bard.

Rogue/Assassin/SD.