where da loots?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Re: where da loots?

Post by Sapphire »

Will do sometime after the next reset ..
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Have to report this is much better done a full run through 4 chest spawned and 3 of which contained better stuff slightly better potions and 3 out of 4 gave another socket/rune gem... 1 chest had a splint mail +7, another had a Drone +4 morningstar, and the last the gracewood crossbow...

So on the whole a marked improvement on what it was afore ... Thanks Driller much appreciated...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Glad it is working. You should also see the randomly generated colored items too.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:Have to report this is much better done a full run through 4 chest spawned and 3 of which contained better stuff slightly better potions and 3 out of 4 gave another socket/rune gem... 1 chest had a splint mail +7, another had a Drone +4 morningstar, and the last the gracewood crossbow...

So on the whole a marked improvement on what it was afore ... Thanks Driller much appreciated...
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

While in Umgah for about an hour I found 3 chests, each contained some lowbie potions and the best item drop I got was a bastard sword with 1d6 damage on it. The rate of drops is DEFINITELY better, the content though still seems lacking for a level 37 character... I still get decent XP there so I don't know why my drops are still bad... Anyway, driller, you ROCK. as a P.S. have you seen my PM I sent you? I never got a reply.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I don't see one from you, try to resend.

-driller
Ghost4life wrote:While in Umgah for about an hour I found 3 chests, each contained some lowbie potions and the best item drop I got was a bastard sword with 1d6 damage on it. The rate of drops is DEFINITELY better, the content though still seems lacking for a level 37 character... I still get decent XP there so I don't know why my drops are still bad... Anyway, driller, you ROCK. as a P.S. have you seen my PM I sent you? I never got a reply.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Just an observation here but it seems there are no loot chest drops what-so-ever in doing the giants ants ... Have been there for at least 5 levels of xp earning like 500-600 xp to now which is like 300 -250 xp and not a single drop has occurred ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Animals/vermin do not drop chests.

-driller
Sapphire wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 pm Just an observation here but it seems there are no loot chest drops what-so-ever in doing the giants ants ... Have been there for at least 5 levels of xp earning like 500-600 xp to now which is like 300 -250 xp and not a single drop has occurred ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Hate to be picky but they are insects not animals or vermin and they used too drop chests... In addition I was in the barn in the hamlet yesterday with a low level character and one of the rats dropped a loot chest, though I was surprised to see that happen ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

What I mean is if polar bears drop chests, winter wolves do, beetles (all 3 types) also do, as do spiders...

Then why is there a line were something as dangerous as these giant ants do not ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Probably because their templates aren't correctly identifying them.
Sapphire wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:21 am What I mean is if polar bears drop chests, winter wolves do, beetles (all 3 types) also do, as do spiders...

Then why is there a line were something as dangerous as these giant ants do not ?
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Then I hate to push the point but.... Ants are being identified incorrectly as they are neither animals or pests/vermin, they are insects though of giant stature still an insect...
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

It has been a while since I played, but I do agree the frequency and level of loot is much different than what I recall. Umgah used to be relatively profitable for a couple hour run, but now...not so much. Lol.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.