where da loots?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

where da loots?

Post by Ghost4life »

Hey Driller,
I've been playing around on BSK for a day now, ran through wolves, skeletons and now on bug quest (Which has been a pain in the RUMP btw. Really difficult to do that stuff solo on a bladecaster >.< not hating, it's fun.) but I've said all that to say this: Where's the loot? I've gotten 3 items in total and all of that were from praying to Eon every time I rest. I've gotten a few spots of gold, and a scroll from bugs and I"m sitting on level 5! Am I missing something? Is there a different way to get items for a scrub newbie character? With no one else on while I play it's hard to ask these questions in character or I totally would do that. Also, Gleanna gives 1k XP instead of a level now... not sure if that is how it's supposed to be.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: where da loots?

Post by driller »

I have adjusted the loot drops. As for Gleanna, I changed the quests back to giving xp a long time ago.

-driller
Ghost4life wrote:Hey Driller,
I've been playing around on BSK for a day now, ran through wolves, skeletons and now on bug quest (Which has been a pain in the RUMP btw. Really difficult to do that stuff solo on a bladecaster >.< not hating, it's fun.) but I've said all that to say this: Where's the loot? I've gotten 3 items in total and all of that were from praying to Eon every time I rest. I've gotten a few spots of gold, and a scroll from bugs and I"m sitting on level 5! Am I missing something? Is there a different way to get items for a scrub newbie character? With no one else on while I play it's hard to ask these questions in character or I totally would do that. Also, Gleanna gives 1k XP instead of a level now... not sure if that is how it's supposed to be.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

Oh cool. Sorry, i didnt mean to sound complainy, just was wondering if I had missed something. Thanks Driller!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No problem. Thanks for letting me know about the loot drops.

-driller
Ghost4life wrote:Oh cool. Sorry, i didnt mean to sound complainy, just was wondering if I had missed something. Thanks Driller!
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

If you need some company and a helping hand to show you around BSK I am more than willing to assist in quests and other stuff like rune gates and best places to buy and sell etc...

All I really need to know is when you are likely to be in game with reference to your time zone ( ie. GMT + (whatever the number is),
Then I can make arrangement to be there when you are in game ...
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

Lately it has been any given time of the day. Im on pacific standard time, but my hours are really flexible since Im inbetween jobs.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Okay it seems then you are around 8 hours behind myself, if we can set up a regular time then I can help walk you through the many quests and ins and outs of BSK ...

Following this post I'll look in again in a couple of hours time to see a response if any :)
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

If I can get back on the server, I can help out as well. I am PST also.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

would be neat to have a DM around... or another player to RP with. Grinding is only so fun for so long.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Just a note. I found an old bug in the loot drops. It should be much better now.

-driller
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

It seems like the loot table for the "You found loot" chests never changes, and this is typically the only loot that has been dropping for me. I typically see a chest like that full of masterwork gear and occasionally something a little better, no matter what I'm fighting. I don't know if this is mob based or character level based, but something still seems off with the loot tables.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Loot chests are spawning very low in my opinion and the contents are not a patch on what they used to be ... It has been a good 4 years since I last saw a purple weapon drop ...

On a similiar vein, Lia gifts seem to be at an all time low in 17 levels of my newest character I have only had one Lia gift in total, and that happened at level 4 ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I fixed it the other day and tested with Luceran. We both got tons of stuff that we hadn't seen in years. The loot quality is based on the level of the mob you are fighting. The chance of a chest dropping is a d20 roll.
I have adjusted the colored items and Lia's drop code.

Thanks,
-driller
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Sorry but I have not noticed any difference even from when I saw you Driller on the server earlier this week. Been fighting Maug's up to and including a few general's on the 2nd level of the fortress from level 14 to level 16 getting xp 399 to 327 for cornel's and commanders and 500 to 600 for generals.. Yet the loot drops are the same as before low level stuff perhaps with +1d6 exotic damage on them or physical damage bonus, along with the odd light cure potions sometimes a medium cure.. Plus the odd socket gem now and then...

As said previously I see no change this was what was happening before I seen you and Luc on the server the other day.

To me at least fighting mobs that give this level of xp versus my characters level should have better rewards, It is not as if am going round up and down the blackstone round for thousands of zombie kills for 4xp where I expect not to get any chance of a loot drop certainly not after level 7 ...

I hate to moan but I feel it must be said and even if things don't improve on this point I will still be around to play here because I love the mod you created here Driller as did my late mother and Aunty whom got me to come play here ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try it now and let me know.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:Sorry but I have not noticed any difference even from when I saw you Driller on the server earlier this week. Been fighting Maug's up to and including a few general's on the 2nd level of the fortress from level 14 to level 16 getting xp 399 to 327 for cornel's and commanders and 500 to 600 for generals.. Yet the loot drops are the same as before low level stuff perhaps with +1d6 exotic damage on them or physical damage bonus, along with the odd light cure potions sometimes a medium cure.. Plus the odd socket gem now and then...

As said previously I see no change this was what was happening before I seen you and Luc on the server the other day.

To me at least fighting mobs that give this level of xp versus my characters level should have better rewards, It is not as if am going round up and down the blackstone round for thousands of zombie kills for 4xp where I expect not to get any chance of a loot drop certainly not after level 7 ...

I hate to moan but I feel it must be said and even if things don't improve on this point I will still be around to play here because I love the mod you created here Driller as did my late mother and Aunty whom got me to come play here ...