New prestiges error

Report any bugs you find here.
Veteran
Knight
Knight

New prestiges error

Post by Veteran »

I'm getting a bad streff on all of the new classes when I load up. I've re-dl'ed and wiped folders twice now, still happening.
-Xillow
One hell of a drama starter, got to love wars aye?
AcaciaJade
Commoner
Commoner

Re: New prestiges error

Post by AcaciaJade »

Gettin the same error! Thought it was just me.
-Lady Sabel
Veteran
Knight
Knight

Post by Veteran »

Well turns out it was just on the character creation screen, for me at least.
Once I'm in they load just fine.
-Xillow
AcaciaJade
Commoner
Commoner

Post by AcaciaJade »

Probably true on my end too...havent really managed the time to actually play long enough to level up a chara...that and im completely lost on remembering where everything is anymore.
-Lady Sabel
Veteran
Knight
Knight

Post by Veteran »

Well, after wolf it's Gleanna, Mayor, and Foxmore (charisma check can be passed with a simple potion sold by his man-slave), I can't remember if you have to be evil alignment but the barracks guy has a short chain too.
There's tons more as far as quests but I can't recall them and I'm sure driller has changed/added some.

Also I can buff you on a cleric if you're on when I am it'll help the early slow combat. I'm NA Central on around 9pm-1/2 am depending on the work day and my S.O.

I'll probably be brainstorming builds for these new options the next few days. Specially the caster one that requires cleric/druid and 3rd level arcane.
-Xillow
AcaciaJade
Commoner
Commoner

Post by AcaciaJade »

Centrals my timezone too. And it depends strongly on my SO too...he goes to sleep early so i usually do too...but ill see what i can workout...if i had another computer with nwn on it i could actually just use one for buffing and the other for actual training but the SO doesnt play videogames so dont think hed want it on his computer.
-Lady Sabel
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Hopefully this is fixed. You will need to download this file ->files/bsk_v1.7z and put it in your \Neverwinter Nights\tlk folder.

-driller
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Sorry driller that file is exactly the same as the one from the original sourced and still even though I swapped it out I still get bad streff and about 20 of them on the class creation... The only other thing I can think of is to take a standard class first which I will try later on today but am not expecting that to work either...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Actually it is different. I recreated the file. Not sure what's going on, it worked for everyone else I talked to.
Do yo have any 2da files in your override directory?
Sapphire wrote:Sorry driller that file is exactly the same as the one from the original sourced and still even though I swapped it out I still get bad streff and about 20 of them on the class creation... The only other thing I can think of is to take a standard class first which I will try later on today but am not expecting that to work either...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

I'll try again and redo the installation from scratch perhaps I got a blip on download... I did add the only 2da file in the download to my override folder because I assumed it was for there were all 2da files go normally .. So I may have to swap them out too and see what happens... Will report back later when I got time to do this ...

Thanks Driller
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

You will see bad streff on character creation, so you have to take a level of something else. Then on level up you will see the new classes.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

So it seems then one has to level another character totally to see what the pre-requists are for the those new prestige classes ... Okay I'll have to do that first before I start a new character so I know exactly what I am going to aim for ... Bit of a bind but not impossible to do I suppose less someone is able to post those pre-req's here ??

Also the original download has its own .tlk file should I delete that custom one and just retain the bsk v1.tlk file ??
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Yes, this is a limitation of NWN1, it will not load haks at character creation unless you use something like NWNXC. Even then, you cannot select the new Samurai base class, due to it being hard coded.
I could put nwnxc on the server to allow you to see the reqs, but you will still need to d/l the client and use a loader or patch the nwmain.exe. Most people probably wouldn't wont to do this.

As long as you have bsk_v1.tlk in the tlk folder, the others won't matter.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:So it seems then one has to level another character totally to see what the pre-requists are for the those new prestige classes ... Okay I'll have to do that first before I start a new character so I know exactly what I am going to aim for ... Bit of a bind but not impossible to do I suppose less someone is able to post those pre-req's here ??

Also the original download has its own .tlk file should I delete that custom one and just retain the bsk v1.tlk file ??
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Okay thanks for the information Driller much appreciated ...

[[Edit: ]
Things seem to be sorted for now got the new classes to show up on leveling up an old character I had sort of given up on to give me an idea of what I need pre-req's wise ]
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have updated the tlk file to fix the remaining CEP issues.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:Okay thanks for the information Driller much appreciated ...

[[Edit: ]
Things seem to be sorted for now got the new classes to show up on leveling up an old character I had sort of given up on to give me an idea of what I need pre-req's wise ]